Sunday, February 12, 2006

Ad Art

Advertisements! I'm in love with them. I guess I've always been but realisation dawned now.

No, I'm not speaking about the boring ones which we cannot remember two minutes later.
Not the 'Boost is the secret of my energy', 'Bestu kanna bestu', 'Washing powder Nirma' types either.

I'm speaking about real advertisments. The ones which give you a truly aesthetic experience. They are original. They grab attention. They contain creativity, wit, humor, musical and photographic splendour all rolled in one, or atleast a few of these aspects.

A few of my favourites in no particular order...

The Rin ad. Big bro and little sis end up splattered with mud and laughing.

The guy who leaves for office from his second floor apartment and remembers he's forgotten a few things when he's leaving the building. The wife throws them down to him. Spectacles, watch, etc are broken and the frustrated chap goes upstairs to collect his handkerchief. I don't remember the product's name.

Ofcourse, the Hutch ads. All of them. The ones with the 'Wherever you go, our network follows' tag lines. The music troop. Something in their photgraphy, I think.

The kid asks his pregnant mother for a baby dog instead of a baby brother.

Amul with the 'Taste of India' tag line. It goes to more than a minute. I fell in love with the song and the photography.

The Coco Cola ad which filled all commercial breaks in the 1996 Cricket World Cup season. The Taj Mahal, red chillies spread to dry on the ground, the familiar street cricket..... The song, the colours all bringing out the passion of the game.

The Ayurvedic Concepts paati.

Chimman Lal Charlie, SBI.

My current favourite is the naukari.com flick. The guy spells out his boss's name with terms like stupid, idiot, arrogant for easy identification of the alphabets.

The print ads too.
Fevicol ofcourse.
Hutch again....... Hutch orange. The family photo.
A Dalmation without spots. Spotless. No, I don't remember the product.

The others which I'm sure will strike me as they always do at the most unusual of times, I shall put up in further posts.

Don't forget to leave your comments on your favourite ads, or just about anything else to do with them. It would make enjoyable reading for the ad lover in the blog reader.

1 Comments:

Blogger Prahalathan said...

I like the Maruti Suzuki Esteem
"My daddy's Biiiiiiiiiig Car" Ad.

Also the fuel ad I guess for Indian Oil premium in which the kid introduces an elephant to his father's scared friend telling his dad bought the animal on saved money.

Nice Blog!

9:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home